Electronics DIY blog

DIY is fun and is food for the brain and spirit. Don't be afraid to learn.



Thursday, January 9, 2014

Building a CNC - Y-Axis - part 4

Finally some progress.
I've been working on the movement transfer interfaces between the CNC arms.
This is the binding element between the X and Y axis.

I've made it with some pieces of rectangular tube aluminium profiles from my previous CNC.

Here are all the elements individually.

X-Y arm interface

The larger holes where made with a circular drill bit.

I've made 4 spacer also with aluminium tube. These spacers will keep the structural shape of the rectangular tube when I tight the nuts that hold it in the ball bearing nuts.

Here are a couple of shots that show the assembly of the X-Y interface piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment