Electronics DIY blog

DIY is fun and is food for the brain and spirit. Don't be afraid to learn.



Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Building a CNC - Y-Axis - part 1

Has I said yesterday today I started building the second arm for my new CNC.

I pre fabricated most of the parts yesterday. So today was about making the remaining parts and assemble them all.

CNC Y-axis arm (pre-fabrication stage)

CNC Y-axis assembled arm (almost completed)

I'm almost finished on this one. I kind of gained some speed because this was almost a question of reproducing a similar X-axis arm with some small changes.

I also painted the X-axis that is completed (forgot to take pictures of that one but I'll show that one tomorrow).

This is going smooth so far but I'll start at work again tomorrow so I'll be back to 20-30 min. construction frames in my lunch time. :-(

Let's see how it rolls from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment