Electronics DIY blog

DIY is fun and is food for the brain and spirit. Don't be afraid to learn.



Thursday, August 29, 2013

Building a CNC - X-Axis - part 2

As promised here is the reference side of the axis full mount.
Like I said in my early post the dimensions of my linear guide forced me to make a small change  to be able to properly clamp the linear guide bearing to the rail.
Here is a couple of self explanatory photos.

Clamp tube

Axis fixed side linear guide block fully mounted
Has you can see, the this forms a claw like bearing system that holds the axis in place.
Here are also a couple of shots of the arm in position.

Fixed linear guide mounted in the rail

Fixed linear guide mounted in the rail (down side)
This linear rail slides very well. Since the steel bar (ruler) that acts like the linear rail guide has a orange peel kind surface it's not as smooth has I would like but I believe it will become smoother in time.

Now to the other side of this axis. This will be quite easy and fast. That side will have a much simpler kind of bearing system to allow some level of structural distortion. I count on having it done tomorrow.

Hurray :-) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment