Electronics DIY blog

DIY is fun and is food for the brain and spirit. Don't be afraid to learn.



Thursday, September 26, 2013

Building a CNC - Paint job

Last couple of days I've been sanding and painting the frame and the X-axis to delay corrosion (yes delay...not stop...I don't have the means to do it, but this should suffice since this is going to be indoors). This is the handicap of using regular steel instead of stainless steel for the structure. The good thing is that I will do my hole CNC structure for 40€ worth of steel instead 120€ (or a lot more) in stainless steel.

The painting is quite a tedious task but it's got to be done and that's it.

Here are a couple of shots of the painted pieces.
Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I had almost no day light and my phone does not come with flash.

CNC frame box

CNC X-Axis
Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment